Monday, August 17, 2009

Bad Day?

So, I've had a pretty bad day. I went to bed with bad news on my mind & woke up with it still there. And just to add insult to injury, more began to come in via text around 7:45 AM. It's exactly 4:36 PM now & I haven't received negative news in approximately 1 hour. So...what do I do with this day? Here are some suggestions my imagination have given me:
1. Sleep, sleep, sleep
2. Get in my car & drive somewhere very far away
3. Drink (not really a drinker since I'm a Pastor's wife, but it crossed my mind :)
4. Call someone & let them have it
5. Tell God how disappointed I am in Him
6. Let my negative thoughts turn into negative words
Here is what I CHOSE to do:
1. Turn to the Word
The end. That's it. I am at a place in my life where I have chosen to give myself no other choice. Make sense? I cried as I spent time in the Word this morning. My "grief" doesn't intimidate God. As a matter of fact, I encouraged my class at church yesterday to study Psalm 119 throughout this week, so I went there myself. What I found was a Psalmist who was apparently having a bad day as well. The 119th Psalm is the longest of the books, so I imagine it may not have been written all in one sitting. There is an ebb and flow throughout the verses. Good days, bad days, joy & grief. Verse 25-32 is where I found a kindred voice today. The New Living Translation says it this way "I lie in the dust, completely discouraged; revive me by Your Word. I told You my plans, and you answered. Now teach me Your principles. Help me understand the meaning of Your commandments, and I will meditate on Your wonderful miracles. I weep with grief, encourage me by Your Word. Keep me from lying to myself. Give me the privilege of knowing Your law. I have CHOSEN to be faithful. I have DETERMINED to live by Your laws. I cling to Your decrees. Lord, don't let me be put to shame! If You will help me, I will run to follow Your commands!"
I've had to make a choice today to believe that God is true to His Word. He loves me. I choose to believe in His Love and purposes for my life. If the enemy can ever get you to doubt the Love that our Father has for us, then we will never truly trust in His Word. I ask the Lord daily for two things: divine wisdom & a sign of His Favor toward me (Ps. 86:17). He indeed showed His Favor by supplying for one of the situations through an unlikely source. As well as divine wisdom to see my way to that source. I could choose to see the many, many, (did I say many?) negative reports but I MUST choose to focus on God and His Word. I will say that I am truly ready for this day to end, but at least I have hope for what tomorrow holds. Everyday that I choose Faith and not fear, is one day closer to the destiny that the Lord has in store for me! Not one bad day is worth turning my back on that!
Be Blessed!
Cheree'

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! So glad you are blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need a "like" button on here like on facebook!!!! Thanks for your encouraging words Cheree'! :)

    ReplyDelete